Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Latest Results

Got the results of yesterday's biopsy ahead of schedule.

It appears I have a whole 'nother kind of cancer. Lobular. Good news is this lump is smaller and less aggressive than my first lump (ductile). Plus it is in the same quadrant, meaning they might both be taken at once in a lumpectomy.

However (there's always a however), lobular cancers tend to develop in both breasts, meaning my right might develop one eventually.

And so I say, ARGH, simply ARGH.

At least the show is on the road now. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow. Oncologist on Thursday. My facilitator, Judy, says I might want to meet with a plastic surgeon. How's that for a subtle hint?

Have mercy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong sweetheart we are all there for you, we love you so lean on us.
r

Anonymous said...

My deep philisophical statement is simply: Cancer Sucks. You, however ROCK and Cancer doesn't know what's comin' ---Darc.

Anonymous said...

You should consult one of those plastic surgeons from Extreme Makeover in Hollywood. Go all out and finally get the size 44 GGG breasts you've always wanted. - Toddly

Anonymous said...

Oy Vey! Just let me know what you need when you need it.
Effing cancer.
- Tom

C.M. Harris said...

Thank you all. Laughing is my favorite medicine. Well, besides vicodin.

Anonymous said...

And dude, really... quit being an overachiever. One kind of cancer is enough to get our attention. Sheesh! D.